What We Believe
At providence, our faith is an important part of our education.
Though we do not associate with a specific denomination, we do hold to a set of core beliefs.
- In the Trinity -God the Father, God the Son - Jesus Christ, and God the Holy Spirit
- In God, who created the heavens and the earth,
- In Jesus Christ, His Son, who was conceived by the Holy Spirit and born of a virgin
- In the bodily resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead
- In the ascension of Jesus Christ into Heaven, where He is now seated at the right hand of the Father
- In the finished work of Jesus Christ for the remission of our sins
- In Jesus Christ, making intercession for us
- In the Church of Christ, His body, composed of true believers in Jesus Christ
- In the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and life everlasting
- That there is a literal Heaven and a literal Hell
- In the soon coming return of Jesus Christ
- In the ultimate righteous judgment of Almighty God for believers and unbelievers
- In the personal work of the Holy Spirit in our lives, to teach us and guide us in all things
- In the Bible, the infallible, inspired Word of God that serves as our standard to live lives pleasing to God.
Love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all your soul, with all your mind, and with all your strength.
Love your neighbor as yourself. As we obey His Word, we glorify God by producing fruits of righteousness:
Love, Joy, Kindness, Patience, Gentleness, Goodness and Self-control
From Matthew 22:38-39 and Galatians 5:22